We have already earlier released new group chat functionatilities for Android mobile application. Same functionalities will now be gradually released for the iOS mobile application as well. The new version will be available to all those who have downloaded the application by September 28, 2022. The update includes the following functions:
- Secapp’s group chat administrator can remove other users from the group chat
- Secapp’s group chat administrator can add or remove admin rights from other group chat members
- The user can leave the group chat
You can access the group chat settings as follows:
- Open the group chat
- Select the icon representing persons characters in the upper right corner.
- A new screen will open showing “People in this conversation“, admins and users separately.
- Select More features at the bottom of the screen. You will get a new window, where you can choose what you want to do; give / remove rights or add / remove users.
- Give or remove rights: Select “Give rights” or “Remove rights” depending on what you want to do. In the new window you can see all the users connected to the group chat. You can select one or more users and finally confirm the granting or removal of rights with the “Yes” option. The selected users have now been granted/removed administrator rights in a group chat.
- Add or remove users: Select “Add users” or “Remove users” depending on what you want to do. If you choose to remove users, you can see all the users connected to the group chat in a new window. If you add users, the window shows all the users in the organization. Select the desired user(s) and confirm your choice with the “Yes” option.
- Leaving the conversation: Select “Leave the conversation”