The national jury has chosen Secapp as the Finnish growth company of the year 2020. The selection was part of the Kasvu Open sparring programme. Ten companies out of 320 companies made their way to the finals which were held on October 28th. The jury members consisted of leading venture capitalists, serial entrepreneurs, angel investors, PR and communications specialists.
Secapp, founded in 2011 in Jyväskylä, Finland, is a critical communications and alerting SAAS platform built to broadcast mass notifications, alert individuals and teams, collect and share critical data in addition to providing a platform where data remains secure. Ultimately, Secapp can help to save lives in times of crisis.
Secapp’s CEO Kari Aho says the victory brings many positive aspects.
– First of all, on behalf of Secapp and our employees, I would like to thank the organizers and esteemed jury for this tremendous recognition. I can just imagine how difficult it was to select this year’s winners from more than 300 great companies making their headway in domestic and international markets. To be selected as the strongest growth company of 2020 gives even more motivation to continue on our path towards helping to save lives around the world. I would like to thank our staff, partners and customers, who have all contributed a lot to achieve this recognition.
– Winning the title will also strengthen Secapp’s media coverage, brand awareness and trust. In addition, we have already now received leads for new customers and potential investors have expressed their interest towards Secapp.
The tremendous growth requires quick adaptation and learning curve
The amount of Secapp’s staff has grown by roughly 50% during this year and more recruitments are being made all the time. The growth has brought a huge positive injection into the company, but its demands must also be recognized.
– I want to send the biggest thanks to our superb staff who put all their expertise and skills into the game from day to day. They have managed to successfully deploy large customer projects, create amazing results from our R&D, develop internal processes, increase our brand awareness and of course sign new customer agreements. On the other hand, the moments when receiving these kind awards are also the moments when there is a reason to stop and see all that we have already achieved and that our skills are highly valued. Especially now that we are working remotely and not seeing each other. Once again, I would like to thank all the people of Secapp from the bottom of my heart, this is the victory of our whole team, Aho praises.
The evaluation criteria were market potential, team, results and growth potential
The jury of the sparring program was convinced of Secapp’s comprehensive capabilities.
– The company’s strong sales pipeline, concrete and understandable product concept, and the company’s clear and strong growth prospects convinced the entire national jury. In addition, the company has a strong customer base within which it is possible to gain growth. The company was strong in all of the Kasvu Open evaluation criteria, says Lennu Keinänen, Chairman of the jury.
What will the future bring? At least a lot of international market entries and recruitments
In addition to Finland, Secapp’s critical communications and alerting system is already in use in the Nordic Countries, Estonia, the Middle East and Japan. It is clear that the international market is becoming more and more intense.
– Increasingly, we are getting indicators that there is demand for Secapp around the world. One of the latest achievements includes Secapp winning a public tender covering the whole Estonian healthcare segment from hospitals to ambulance services. At the same time, of course, we also make sure that our current customers around the world receive even better service, says Jani Lehtinen, Secapp’s Chief Business Officer.
– In addition, recruitments also continue and we have now recruited about one employee a week during the autumn. We are constantly looking for experts in various fields, so it is definitely worth sending an application to us, Lehtinen encourages.
The TOP 10 Companies in Finnish Kasvu Open 2020 were:
- Aiwo Digital Oy, Jyväskylä
- Auntie Solutions Oy, Helsinki
- Biila Solutions Oy, Vantaa
- Clewat Oy, Kokkola
- Feelia Ruokakauppa, Pyhäntä
- Gugguu Oy, Oulu
- Jauhetekniikka Oy Kotka, Kotka
- Maisti Oy, Lahti
- Maslog Oy, Seinäjoki
- Secapp Oy, Jyväskylä
CEO, Secapp Ltd.
Chief Business Officer, Secapp Ltd.