Mike Rytokoski serves at Amyris Inc. as President of the Aprinnova beauty care ingredients business. Amyris (Nasdaq: AMRS) is a global biotechnology firm based in the San Francisco Bay Area that delivers high-performance alternatives to petroleum, plant and animal-based products across a wide range of industry segments to reduce environmental impact.
Rytokoski brings over 30 years of international experience leading and growing businesses in Europe, Asia, North America and Latin America. Before joining Amyris, Rytokoski served as Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer for Goodyear based in Brussels. Prior to that, he led Goodyear’s passenger vehicle and SUV tire business in Asia Pacific based in Shanghai driving significant growth in both B2C and B2B areas. Previously Rytokoski worked in a number of general management roles at The Clorox Company, an American home care products manufacturer. He started his career at Unilever working in marketing roles of increasing responsibility in Europe and Latin America. Rytokoski holds an MBA/KTM from Helsinki School of Economics and has completed executive programs at Harvard and Wharton Business Schools.
Key work experience
- President of Aprinnova at Amyris 2021-
- Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer – Europe, Middle East & Africa at The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company 2017-2021
- Vice President, Business Unit Leader – Asia Pacific at The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company 2012-2017
- Vice President, CEO & General Manager – Asia at The Clorox Company 2011-2012
- Vice President, CEO & General Manager – Greater China at The Clorox Company 2010-2011
- Vice President – International Strategy at The Clorox Company 2008-2010