Alert, dispatch and manage resources, respond to security incidents and coordinate large-scale emergencies
Secapp is a SAAS service for critical communications and alerting that captures your attention in emergencies and daily operations. The application allows dispatching and responding to alerts using any device in a matter of seconds, whether there is a small group of nurses, doctors, or even the whole organization. Secapp provides also tools for instant messaging and documentation to collect and share critical data in a secure environment.
Secapp combines all commercial (app, SMS, automated calls, email) and authority communication (TETRA) channels into one solution, enabling broadcast mass notifications, alerts to individuals and teams, and collection and sharing of critical data.
The versatile and easy-to-use Secapp application has become popular system in hospitals and health care and proven its value in critical use. For instance, University Hospital of Kuopio, responsible of millions of patients every year, has commented Secapp to save even 90% of their physicians and nurses time which can used then for actual patient care.
Secapp is already widely used, for example, in Finland, Estonia, and the Middle East covering majority of the health care organizations in these regions. The user organizations consist of Emergency medical services (EMS), First Responders, Intensive care unit (ICU), Surgery Units, Hospital IT departments, Psychiatric wards, Control Rooms and Home Care to name a few.
Secapp is easy to deploy in healthcare organizations of all sizes, from local hospitals or health centers to university hospitals and even national scale use. One needs only contact list of people who will use the system, two-hour online training and you are set to go.
COVID-19: Secapp has helped hospitals and ambulance services and Ministries of Health to alert and coordinate medical professionals and assets during the pandemic. It has created a situational awareness picture of hospitals and regions (number of confirmed infections per hospital, availability of ICUs, hospital beds, PPE), and supported national-level decision-making in Finland and the Middle East.
- Calling additional staff to work (filling extra shifts)
- Stroke patient
- Surgery team
- Large scale or severe emergencies (burn patients, toxicity)
- Fire and safety (fire, bomb threat, robbery, violent patient)
- Infrastructure failure (communication networks, elevator, electricity, heating, water supply failures)
- IT system failures
- Information / instructions to physicians (e.g. COVID-19)
Ready-made message templates can be created by the customer in Secapp to prepare for various incidents, emergencies and unexpected situations. Templates include e.g. persons and groups to be alerted, the priority of the situation, a description of the situation and instructions for action, as well as possible escalation chains. Individual contacts, competencies, skills, and alert groups are managed with Secapp’s tools.
2-way mass messaging
In the event of an incident or emergency, the field manager or the emergency unit will issue a mass alert with Secapp, utilizing ready-made templates. The alert is sent from several communication channels (mobile application, SMS, robot call) to all the persons defined in the message template, regardless of whether the person has an older phone or a smartphone.
In the case of a high-priority alert, Secapp bypasses the phone’s silent settings on Android and iPhone devices. All recipients of the message can respond to the alert (OK/NOK) and indicate whether they can participate in the situation or not. The responses are combined and the results can be easily monitored on a “Responses” tab.
Above all, this also enables the field manager to receive information about the responses without delay and to be able to form a real-time situational awareness (more details below).
Real-time situational awareness
A real-time situational awareness is formed for the person who made the mass alert. The person can see who are available and responding to the unexpected situation. The situational awareness shows the responses of every alerted person, possible additional information, and the operation manager can share more information in the conversation with the entire group.
Alerting and dispatching
Secapp is used as an alert and call system for people in the following situations, for example: when a replacement employee is needed due to a sudden absence, for alerting people on duty, and for alerting ambulances, surgery units and teams.
Secapp dispatching significantly eases the workload of the personnel, as there is no need for heavy call and text operations. Secapp automatically handles the process from start to finish after the first message is sent. The dispatcher also has the opportunity to choose the most suitable employee (e.g. based on skills) for the shift to be filled.
Monitoring and reporting
Secapp records all events during an unexpected situation: alerted persons, responses, shared information, and decisions that have been made. The event log can be exported as a report which can be used in debriefing and improving the procedures in the future.
Secapp allows organizations also to collect and report critical information using digital mobile and web forms/checklists that can be sent out automatically to relevant personnel.
In the context of the current pandemia, Secapp checklists are used daily to collect the number of patients, hospital beds, ICU capacity, protective gear, and available personnel nationwide. A combined report is then delivered to the Ministry of Health (MoH).
Daily instant messaging
Secapp chat allows text, pictures, videos, and files to be shared securely. The chat function is very convenient for everyday instant messaging as well as handling unexpected situations. In addition, the video connection can be used to handle e.g. consultations and inspections or to transmit additional information remotely.
Panic buttons and a dead man’s switch can increase the safety of personnel who are working alone. With the panic button, an alert can be made directly on the screen of one’s own phone with a single push of a button, and the dead man’s switch will automatically send an alert if the device does not detect movement for a specified time (e.g. 1 minute).
Jouni Kurola, Kuopio University Hospital: “Even just in the case of shift changes and overtime dispatching, we use Secapp dozens if not hundreds of times a day. –– With Secapp’s alerting and messaging features we have also tools to be prepared for various incidents and large-scale accidents.”
Joni Alanko, Seinäjoki Central Hospital: “Before Secapp the alerts could took 5-10 minutes. With Secapp it’s done in 30-60 seconds.”
Kuopio University Hospital: “At 08.00 am every Intensive Care Unit receives a message via Secapp application to report their situation.”
Kuopio University Hospital
Learn how Kuopio University Hospital reduces manual work, saves time and prepares for large-scale accidents with Secapp.
Seinäjoki Central Hospital
Learn how Seinäjoki Central Hospital reduced their alerting delays from 5-10 minutes to only 30-60 seconds with Secapp.
Mikkeli Central Hospital and ESSOTE
Watch how Mikkeli Central Hospital uses Secapp for paging and alerting.
Kuopio University Hospital
Learn how Kuopio University Hospital maintains a national ICU situation with Secapp.
- Save more time for e.g. patient care by using dispatching automation to take care of filling work shifts or getting urgent human resources – no more heavy calling or emailing needed to reach people!
- Better preparedness to cope with unexpected situations with ready-made message templates, contact details as well as the ability to alert specialist groups based on expertise (e.g. trauma team, surgeons, first aid). With Secapp, you can also practice scenarios and increase preparedness!
- A secure solution for everyday instant messaging – share text, images, and videos (chat)
- Alert and reach tens, hundreds, or even thousands of people in seconds with mass messaging features (e.g. major disaster alerts)
- Save up to tens or hundreds of thousands of euros a year in SMS costs
- Daily reporting can be done directly e.g. from everyone’s own mobile phone
- Video consulting e.g. between the ambulance and hospital personnel
- Create and maintain a control room with Secapp and carry it in your pocket!
- Increase personnel safety with mobile buttons (panic button and dead man’s switch)
- Replace several systems with Secapp
Secapp’s functions and features are based on modern communication technologies that allow different communication, alerting and management measures to be handled from a single platform.
Fast two-way and multichannel alerting
- Messages are sent by a push of a button or completely automatically
- Messages can be sent in many different ways: application, web browser, SMS, email, Windows 10, robot calls, and TETRA authority devices
- Messages can be targeted based on individuals’ skills, group information, usability, or location
Messages require a response and quick decisions can be made based on the received information
- Messages and alarms will pass the device’s silent settings if needed and an immediate response to messages is required (OK or NOK)
- Possibility to communicate quickly also to critical stakeholders: e.g. security organizations, preparedness groups, management, control room, city authorities
- Situational discussions and recordings with historical data for follow-up if needed
- Chat function for instant messaging for both daily and unexpected situations
- Video connection for both consulting and meetings
- Panic buttons and a dead man’s switch to improve the safety of personnel working alone
How to get started with Secapp
You can start using Secapp flexibly for example in only one unit, department or group. The starting process summarized:
1. Provide contact information of the professionals using the system.
2. We sign a cooperation agreement.
3. We will provide 2 hours of online training for your administrators.
4. You can start using Secapp.